Cruise News / Win a 7-night river cruise for two on the Douro River with Riviera Travel worth Â£ 5,098
Come in now! Explore Porto, the Douro Valley in Portugal and Salamanca in Spain on a 7-night river cruise for two with Riviera Travel – worth Â£ 5,098
We’ve teamed up with Riviera Travel to offer this star price of a 7-night Douro, Porto and Salamanca cruise for you and a traveling companion.
Departing on August 21, 2022, the lucky winner and his guest will travel down the magnificent Douro River in Portugal. The trip will begin in the historic coastal city of Porto, where you can learn about the history of the port – the famous fortified wine to which the city gave its name.
Leaving the Atlantic, your cruise will then take you to a sunny land of olive groves, vineyards and medieval hilltop villages. Highlights of the path include the pretty town of PinhÃ£o – in the heart of the port region – and a visit to the beautiful gardens of the 16th-century Mateus Palace. Arriving at the Portuguese border, you will leave the ship and travel by coach to the beautiful Spanish city of Salamanca. Here among the sandstone squares you’ll find one of Europe’s oldest universities, two of its most beautiful cathedrals, and a daily market with some of the best tapas in Spain.
The prize consists of a 7-night cruise with 8 tours and guided tours, including lunch and a flamenco show; a guided tour of Porto with a wine tasting; tasting in a typical Portuguese quinta wine estate; and visits to Castelo Rodrigo, the gardens of the Palace of Mateus and the city of Lamego.
All meals on board are also included, from dinner on the day of arrival to breakfast on the day of departure, plus:
- Welcome cocktails, welcome dinner and Captain’s dinner
- A show of traditional local folk music
- 5-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Free tea and coffee on board
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Return flights and transfers from selected UK airports
Offering five-star hotel-style facilities including a swimming pool and spa, the luxurious MS Douro Splendor is specially designed for comfortable sailing along the Douro River (standing on deck as the captain expertly navigates its five locks is one of the highlights of the trip).
The ship can only accommodate 121 passengers and 36 staff ensure that you are well looked after, with first-class personalized service from the moment you step aboard.
On the main deck you will find the spacious restaurant, where you can enjoy a buffet breakfast, a buffet lunch and a four-course dinner. Also on this terrace is the spacious lounge and bar – the perfect place to have an after dinner drink and be entertained (as well as breakfast, if you’re an early riser). The main deck also houses a 24-hour front desk and gift shop.
Elsewhere on the ship, fitness enthusiasts can take advantage of the fitness room on the lower deck. And if you’re in the mood for some pampering, the middle deck houses the ship’s spa, with appointments that can be booked at an additional cost. The solarium offers a generous outdoor swimming pool and is well supplied with sun loungers, making it the perfect place to enjoy a glass of the excellent local Douro wine or port while admiring the magnificent 360 degree view of the river. .
All of the cabins on this five-star ship are beautifully decorated, with superbly comfortable beds. At 151 square feet, the outward-facing cabins are among the largest of any European riverboat, and the price cabin benefits from floor-to-ceiling windows that slide halfway. All cabins have air conditioning, a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities.
Kitchen on board
In the ship’s chic restaurant, elegantly set tables can only seat four to eight people, and the ship offers “ open dining ” arrangements so you can sit anywhere and with the dining companions of your choice. . Breakfast consists of a hot and cold buffet with a popular omelet station, while at the lunch buffet you can choose to have a simple salad or something more substantial. The culinary highlight of the day is the four-course dinner, which offers you and your fellow travelers the opportunity to enjoy a leisurely feast while taking in the river views through panoramic windows. The evening menus at MS Douro Splendor offer the best Portuguese, Mediterranean and international cuisine as well as, of course, a wide selection of expertly chosen Portuguese wines.
Enter HERE for a chance to win a 7-night river cruise for two with Riviera Travel
What you could win
Departing August 21, 2022, the award-winning cruise includes a full board cruise for two people sharing a Middle Deck cabin aboard MS Douro Splendor. The winner and his / her guest will enjoy daily excursions, nightly entertainment, Wi-Fi, services of a Riviera Travel cruise director and all meals, as well as round-trip flights and transfers.
terms and conditions
- The contest is open to World of Cruising readers aged 18 only.
- The promoter is World of Cruising with Rivera Travel.
- Open only to UK residents.
- World of Cruising and Riviera Travel staff are not permitted to enter.
- The prize is as described, is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The price is subject to availability and no alternative will be offered.
- Only one entry will be entered in the draw per person.
- The winner may be required to participate in the advertising resulting from the draw.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be exchanged.
- Participation in the competition assumes acceptance of the rules.
- By entering this contest, you agree to provide your email address to Riviera Travel and World of Cruising for marketing purposes.
- The winner accepts the reservation conditions of Riviera Travel.
- The price includes accommodation, meals on board dinner and the day of arrival at breakfast on the day of departure, eight tours and guided tours, return flights and overseas transfers.
- The price does not include travel insurance (adequate insurance is a condition of travel), travel to and from the airport or personal expenses on board. The winner of the river cruise will be bound by Riviera Travel’s general booking conditions.
- The closing date for registrations is June 30, 2021
- Participants agree to be contacted by World of Cruising and Riviera Travel with information about Cruising. Participants will have the option to unsubscribe from future emails at that time.
- All entries must be received by the closing date.